Monday, July 20, 2009

Television Trauma

Is it just me or have the quality of television programs reached a new low? Granted, we have not watched TV much in the past 2 years. (I mean, we own one, but it's in a storage unit in Fairfield Maine.). But here at Katie's apartment we have TV and cable connection... 994 stations... and for the life of me, I can't find but 3 or 4 that I can watch. The Weather Channel, the History Channel, Sci Fi and a movie here or there.

As for the rest of them, most are so raunchy or violent that, in my opinion, any parent that allows their children to watch them might be guilty of child abuse. I cannot believe how twisted and negative TV has become. In the name of "Free Speech" we are condoning the poisoning of our children's minds. As more and more horrific crimes are committed, do we really need to ask "Why"?

I used to be a news junkie. Now, after a self imposed hiatus from Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reiley, their commentary offends me. Why would I want to put something in my head that makes me feel that bad? Why would I allow someone else to manipulate my thoughts, feelings and emotions? Obviously, my not paying attention for the past two years has not made any difference to anyone... but me.

Garbage in. Garbage out. It's just so wrong. We're all gonna pay for this... big time.

No comments: