Sunday, January 23, 2011

Tough neighborhood .

blog entry by Sampson;

There's no telling who we are going to run into down here. Any given day on the beach, we come face to face (and face to butt) with hounds, terriers and rottweilers, shepherds, retrievers and poodles. It is a veritable canine united nations out there. My sister and I are certainly among the smallest... but only in physical size. Like they say, it's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. Still, you've got to know when to hold em, got to know when to fold em, got to know when to walk away, got to know when to run! as Kenny Rogers croons.

Lulu is such a mouth. She is always the first to charge at another dog on the beach, yapping, causing a fuss and then bolting back to the humans to be picked up. And where does that leave me? I mean, some of these thick headed breeds think we are rabbits to begin with. I have to put on the tough guy act, growling, circling, snapping. Usually it works...

But the other day, we met our match. This was one baaaad dog. You could tell by the expression in her eyes, not to mention her other unusual behaviors. We steered clear of this one you can be sure. I mean, see for yourself...

1 comment:

OkiJenninGA said...

So cute. I hope that you guys are doing well. Any chance that you'll be coming back to the Golden Isles? If so, let me know & thanks for the great blogs.

I've been blogging for a while now too...love for you to keep up with me that way...or on facebook...if you are on facebook. Take care & God Bless.