Saturday, November 16, 2013

More Santa Fe Sunsets

I remember the first time I saw the Swiss Alps, I was so awe struck by their majesty that I took 4 rolls of film. Of course none of the pictures even came close to capturing their grandeur, especially in those days of the Instamatic Kodak (remember the cube flash bulbs?) .

At any rate, I feel the same thing about trying to photograph these New Mexico sunsets. Every evening I scurry around stunned by the color and the beauty, trying different settings on my new smart Sony Cyber-shot (thank you Katie and Elnur!). It is certainly a huge improvement from 1969, but still only touches the edges of what can be experienced by just standing still on Wayne and Holly's overlook.

No wonder they call New Mexico "The Land of Enchantment".










No comments: