Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Moving on

"I have gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, keep me here."

Last night we had a fire out front and burned up the last of the wood that Steve brought us... time to move on. Jay, Mimi and Dan stopped by. Nice night.

On Sunday the bookstore crew met on our back porch for our weekly gathering. There were 3 lawyers, 3 marathon runners, 3 septuagenarians, one octogenarian, 5 former military, 2 women and one Mainer. Thanks for including me.


This afternoon we stopped by for tea with Jo. We did a little gardening, some computer work, some bird watching (the cardinal came...), read some poetry and counted our blessings... a typical visit with our dear friend Jo.


Saint Simons is a special place. We think we might just have to come back.

Until then...

3 comments:

Anna Gretta said...

Oh Hi There Joe you are too beautiful for words !!!!
Have a safe trip kids, May the Road Rise up to Meet You. We send love and peace, still mud season = ) We will check diligently for pictures, and updates. Imagine us in the bucket seats in the van listening to Chris B. Jass King, doggies on each of our laps. Aahhhh We love you !!!
Anna and Brian

Elise said...

hey guys! On your next travels make sure to give my parents a big hug for me! Safe travels.

Maine2u said...

Hi Glen & Connie. We enjoyed our stay down on SSI with you guys. It was so relaxing, fun and just "b" ing.

I saw the storms in the SE on news today and hope you have already travelled out of the worst of it.

We look forward to updates on your trip and let us know if you ever get that trailer! And, turn the tunnel lights back on too will ya!:>